May 4, 2008

Just so you’re aware.

To make up for a profound lack of writing of late I am going to go through all the frigging drafts I have and clear them out. Hence some entries may not seem as topical as they might be. Nonetheless the page will still be full of incredible bloggy goodness.

3 comments:

Vince M said...

PJ, read a few of your most recent posts and first off I hope you've gotten over what sounds like the same bug that bit me, and more importantly I'm so sorry to find out out that you've lost your dear, sweet, devoted cat.
I've avoided getting another dog for nearly thirty years because of how painful it is to lose those wonderful, silent family members. I know exactly what you're going through and I just wanted to let you know that my heart goes out to you and I hope you can heal.
You've been a real buddy to me and I really appreciate all of the kind words you've written on my blog.

PJ said...

Vince, thanks for the nice thoughts.

I’m not sure entirely what it was (the bug), I think it was something that was going around.

Then again, I am getting to the point where I am starting to think I may have a growing susceptibility to allergies, as it seems every few months I have something similar.

The eye thing was the most bothersome thing but, I guess our ‘equipment’ is bound to break down the more mileage we put on ourselves.

It’s funny... I can readily identify with what you’re talking about. I had a cat as a teenager and that pet was my beloved. When he died, I never thought I could handle that again.

Then, Madame X bought Anna into my life and Anna filled it with joy beyond belief.

Life is too short not to allow yourself the gift of that kind of unconditional love. Hence, I know I’ll be getting another cat(s) at some point in the future.

I will miss Anna though, a great deal. I’ve absorbed it, it’s weird not having her around and I do miss her but generally I try not to think about it.

The reason for that of course is when I do I find myself immediately beginning to tear up with sadness over her loss.

She really was a good girl. I’m lucky to have had her and at the same time it makes me realize how precious each moment is.

As far as your blog, I find myself continuing to marvel and be quite envious of your abilities.

It’s not just the weight of your line that I enjoy but the gesture you give your drawings as well as the lively emotion that plays across the faces of the characters that you draw.

You are a great ‘director’ whether you realize it or not.

Vince M said...

Thanks, Peej. I really appreciate the sentiments. And I hope you're on the mend.